CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring Skiing at it's Finest!



The week after we got back from Utah was the last day of skiing at Tamarack. It was a fantastic Spring day with slushy snow. That makes it easy for 3 year olds to carve turns. When we pulled up, Jonah's friend Noah and his family parked near us, so we got this photo of those two. Noah is almost 3 and lives around the block from us. We spend at least 1-2 days a week with Noah and his mom Jadie (pronounced Yeah-dee) and little sister Zoe. Noah and Jonah got to ski a bit with each other which was great. Jonah skied better than he had all year. By the end of the day, he was chasing me down the bunny hill on his skis and turning like a pro. I had a blast. It seemed like all the days of snowplowing, picking him up, letting him hold onto my poles, and cheering him on had finally paid off!! Hannah skied with a friend off the Tamarack Express lift. She is a really good skier and gets bored skiing on the easy runs. I am embarassed to say these are the only photos I took of my kids skiing all year, especially since it is one of the most fun things we do as a family. It is truly Nate's favorite thing to do, and it makes him so happy when we all get to do it together. It hasn't been very often the last couple of years, but I have a feeling that now that Jonah is on board (no pun intended) that will make all the difference in the world.
Okay, here is my lame attempt at videotaping Jonah skiing. The first one is super short, and the second one will make you dizzy. Sorry. I was totally unprepared, and then it ended up being our last run of the day. Consider yourself warned. Oh, and PLEASE TURN YOUR SOUND OFF!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is so cute. I think that he skis better than I do! Good job Jonah. Well actually I haven't skied only snow boarded and yes my whole body hurt after that experience. Oh bye the way that is such a beautiful picture of Jonah and Hannah walking on the beach.

Kellie said...

Hey Lisa, just found your blog, so much fun to read and find out more about you guys! I wish my family could all go skiing together! Maybe in a year or two! Love the picture of your kids on the beach!

Anonymous said...

Jonah is soo cute!!!!!!!!!

Camille said...

Hopefully you can have more shots like these this year. PRAY for snow. Have a fantastic day girl!