CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Break in Utah

Well, it's been a month and a half since I posted. I'm sure you are all dying to know what we've been up to, so I will do my best to give you an update. Let's start by going way back to the last week of March . . . . Hannah had a full week off from school, so the kids and I headed down to Utah to visit our family. We spent the first day there in Hyrum with my sister Julie, her husband Gordon, and her kids Tanner, Lauren, Abbie & Zane. Usually the America West Heritage Center has a "Baby Animal Day" on Easter weekend. This year it happened to be later, so we had to settle for baby goats and a baby lamb in the Macy's parking lot.





Oh well, it worked out pretty well because Jonah and Zane got balloon swords. It doesn't get much better than that!

Easter weekend would not be complete with the ever so popular tradition of hard boiling dozens of eggs, coloring them, and throwing them away a couple of days later. By the way, at the expense of sounding like an old woman, how much did y'all pay for a dozen eggs?? Remember when you could get 3 dozen for $1?? I think I paid about $1.50/doz! As mom would say, "That's highway robbery!" Yeah, mom has lots more where that came from. Oh yeah, back to dying Easter eggs . . . it was fun hanging with the cousins. They ROCK!! Tanner is the oldest - not his real hair color. His baseball team bleached their hair in a combined effort to distract the other teams, maybe?? It was very seasonal, however, as he looks like a fuzzy baby chick. Lauren is the blond girl - she has been mistaken for Hannah many, many times. Abbie is the dark one, and Zane is the youngest. He and Jonah had a blast playing together.





Easter Sunday we went to church with Grandma & Grandpa Smith. The Easter Bunny left some treats for Hannah & Jonah. It's so strange, as a mother, trying to explain the concept of the Easter Bunny to Jonah. I did a terrible job. It was especially difficult for me to actually keep that tradition going this year.
I was this close . . .



Later, the kids had an Easter egg hunt. It was super funny to watch Jonah run past the eggs lying right in front of him in the grass. I'm not sure where he was headed, but he did end up getting some in his basket. Hannah was stoked to find $ in most of the eggs. Thanks, Grandma Karen!

I have to point out Hannah's hairstyle. I stole it from a photo I saw of Nicole Richie. I think she looks so cute!

Also, Jonah. Oh, Jonah. He wears that camo hat every day. He must have it when he goes out. Please, turn your attention to his shoes. They are black penny loafers that Grandma Karen got "on sale". Well, Jonah thinks they are his "Link" shoes. If you don't know who Link is, then go rent the movie Hairspray (Zac Efron version). That was the first movie he saw in the theatre, and he LOVED it. He was literally dancing in the aisles. When he got those shoes in the mail, he immediately called them his Link shoes, and he definitely does some dancing in them. He pretends to be Link, and does some serious moves. If he is not wearing these shoes, he has on his cowboy boots. My favorite part of this photo is that the shoes are actually on the wrong feet. I love my Jonah.


And last, but not least, Gordon hopes you all had a Happy Easter, too!


2 comments:

Keri said...

It was good to see ya over your spring break. Good job on another blog post!

Anonymous said...

I was tired, OK!
Did you not know I get a royalty fee whenever my picture appears online?
You know where to send the check.

G